Nowadays, essay writing is a necessary task assigned to students of every grade. No matter how overwhelming it can sound to you, writing an essay enables students to build up a logical, focused, and rational approach towards a subject. Before picking up ideal English essay topics, the characteristics of the essay must be understood.
An essay can be classified differently based on its objective, whether a writer wishes to present his viewpoint, an argument, a description, or persuade the readers. No matter what type of subject you need to be aware of and gain that understanding, you need to do good research.
Essay topics can be hard to come up with in English. Most college and high school students face the problem of choosing a topic when writing essays. They have a hard time thinking about subjects and concepts for an essay. We’ll list several strong essay topics from different categories in this post.
How to select the proper English essay topics:
Okay, so you got an assignment to write an essay, and you got the right to choose the essay topic yourself. The idea of choosing any topic you want to look attractive at first, but then you become lost in the choices available, correct? It is a normal condition.
As a practice, this happens because the process of selecting topics provides you so many options that you can quickly get lost without having an appropriate methodology. Hence here we will provide a basic analysis of a selection process for a topic.
Step 1: Decide your type of essay
Before you start writing or even selecting English essay topics, you must acknowledge what sort of writing you need at the end of the writing procedure. If we think of essays, there are many subtypes of essays, such as persuasive, argumentative, casual, etc. All of the subtypes of the essay demand a unique approach.
Various types of essays can require various requirements for the essay’s writing process and the selection of topics for the essay. For instance, an argumentative essay would expect you to choose a very arguable topic; otherwise, the audience would find the essay not so appealing to read.
In turn, a comparative essay needs that your essay topics include two items to be compared: literature pieces, art pieces, schools of thought, etc. We’ve mentioned together with a shortlist of compare and contrast essay topics and best argumentative essay topics, hoping you’ll discover some of them helpful.
Step 2: Brainstorming
You ‘re not going to go far in writing your essay without first brainstorming about suggestions that can be written for the essay. Brainstorming can turn into a very straightforward and simple process for possible essay topics. Ask yourself a few basic questions regarding a chosen topic before you start searching for essay ideas:
- What aspects do I like the most within the given topic?
- Why is that topic interesting to you?
- Do you have exposure to literature about the topics chosen for the essay?
Step 3: In which you have interest?
When choosing a subject for your essay, the bottom line is about certain subjects that are of greatest interest to you. This strategy ensures you’ve selected those English essay topics that inspire you and give you the strength and motivation to work on your essay and complete it. Another factor to remember is information available on the subject. If the data is readily obtainable, writing a good essay would be a portion of cake; if not, you may need to look for a different subject. Fascinating essay topics include study, analysis, and sum up of the knowledge obtained during the study.
We hope these steps for choosing essay topics will be helpful for you.
List of best English essay topics:
Students, here we make a list of topics of essay writing in English. It doesn’t matter where you belong; this list will help you the fullest with any essay you required:
Argumentative essay topics:
- Pollution due to Urbanization
- Should Students get limited access to the Internet?
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Students should not be allowed to play PUBG
- Education should be free
- Selling Tobacco should be banned
- Facebook should be banned
- Should plastic be banned?
Persuasive essay topics:
A persuasive essay is like an argumentative essay. But in it, you have to convince the audience of your viewpoint. Some of the persuasive essay topics are as follows:
- Hunting is an immoral act.
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in colleges.
- Is Java becoming obsolete?
- Should abortions be banned worldwide?
- Should employers go through the candidate’s social media profiles?
- Alcohol should be ban in colleges and schools.
- Cheating should be forbidden in universities.
Descriptive essay topics:
In it, you will explain a certain thing. Some of the descriptive essay topics are as follows:
- My first trip abroad.
- A look into my daily life.
- Describe meeting a famous person.
- The most impressive painting art I have ever seen.
- Describe yourself and your personality to a stranger.
- Describe a smartphone and its benefits.
- The personality is accountable for creating a difference in my life.
Narrative essay topics:
In it, your objective is to tell about your personal experience through a story. Some of the narrative English essay topics are as follows:
- A week without the Internet and technology.
- The time you faced rejection.
- An experience that left you helpless.
- The influence your first passion had on your life
- An act of kindness you can never forget.
- The impact technology has had on your life.
- Achievement of academic life
Expository essay topics:
In expository essay writing, you have to describe your subject. Through it, the readers must get clarity about the topic. Some of the topics are as follows:
- Is global warming a cause of skin cancer?
- Why do teenagers commit suicide?
- What are some unconventional ways of relieving stress?
- Why do you want to pursue your desired career?
- How can pets make you happy and improve your life?
- What are some major stress factors in a teenager’s life?
- Is sodium bad for your health?
Compare and contrast essay topics:
In it, You analyze and evaluate the differences and similarities between the two concepts. Your audience can make an opinion after reading about the advantages and disadvantages you have explained in the essay. Below are some of the topics:
- Education vs. professional career: what is more difficult?
- Real-life or spending your time daydreaming.
- Extroverts and introverts.
- Consequences of earthquake and tsunami: what’s worse?
- Persuasive and argumentative essay — how are they similar?
- Unemployed students vs. students with a part-time job.
- Being famous in high school or alone?
Cause and effect essay topics:
It describes why something occurs and what is the result of this happening? It is a kind of expository essay. Here are a few topics:
- Impacts of climate change and global warming.
- Impact of social media on youth.
- How divorce affects children?
- The impact of the Feminism movement.
- What are the impacts of eating disorders?
- What are the impacts of suicidal thinking?
- Is having a pet essential to relax your mind?
We hope you find the above explanation useful. The list of English essay topics helps you in selecting the best topics. The above steps of choosing the best essay topics also give you knowledge of how you can select it. Follow the steps before selecting it.
If you find the problem in selecting and writing the English essay, you can contact us anytime you want for an English Essay Writing Help. We are always available for your help. Our professionals give you proper guidance on it. Take the essay help and relax!