Writing a narrative essay can be tricky. Therefore this blog is specially made for you to explain the step by step process of how to write a narrative essay. Narrative essays can be personal, experimental, and anecdote. Narrative essays aim to tell a story to the readers. These essays allow the students to say a story movingly and creatively to the readers.
A narrative essay is a type of descriptive writing. Where students share their mind stories, it allows the writers to develop their storytelling and writing skills. These stories are self-made that show the students experience
What is a Narrative essay?
A narrative essay is a kind of essay writing in which a person can share personal experiences. Compared to other writing techniques, the narrative essay provides writers an opportunity to tell about themselves. The writers have full freedom to precise their feelings. Usually, writers are allowed to complete all the information on a particular situation when telling their stories.
How To Determine A Good Narrative Essay Topic?
A topic lures the reader into reading the story. Therefore it is essential to choose a topic that attracts the reader’s attention. Every writer’s biggest hurdle is to select a topic. Here are a few things that you must consider while choosing a topic.
Read some articles, go and check online or take references from the books. Do proper research as much as you can dig deeper to find an exciting topic for your narrative essay.
Identify the audience
Before writing the essay, target your audience and get to know who they are and what type of paper they will like. Take a topic that meets the understanding of your readers. It improves the scope of your essay if you choose a topic that is compatible with your readers.
Choose a topic that interests you.
Sometimes students take the topic out of their interest, and it gets hard for them to complete the essay. If you choose a topic of your interest, it will help you write an excellent narrative essay.
How To Write a Narrative Essay?
Once you select the topic, the second thing of an essay is the outline. Outline or structure keep the paper organized. Every paper follows a method so as the narrative essay. Let’s see what type of structure best suits a narrative essay.
This is the first paragraph of the essay. Hook your reader in the introductory paragraph so he will be involved in the writing. Give a glimpse or set a scene to show what is happening in the story. Present your thesis statement at the end of the introductory paragraph.
Summarize your story in this paragraph because the next section will be your closing paragraph. Describe your story in the relevant detail. Follow a sequence to present all your thoughts in the story. Write in the first person while explaining your story. If you are saying, someone else’s story uses the third person.
The conclusion is the part where you should avoid putting in new characters. Because this is the climax of your story, you can write down the final summary of the central body part to easily relate the story to the central body part. 3.5 well-formatted sentences you require to succeed.
Narrative Format Examples & Tips
- Always initiate a narrative essay either with a question, a writing definition, a correct fact, a famous quote, or any other relevant information and thought-provoking fact.
- Try to excite all your five senses in the writings. What did you see, hear, and smell?
- Try not to use the native language so that other countries’ readers can also understand your writings.
- Try to mention all the descriptions which are relevant to your writing.
- Use different sentence structures to involve the reader and keep them engaging.
- Always report events in chronological sequence as it is not only the easiest method to express a story but also the simplest methods to ensure that your readers or audience do not get puzzled or miss any essential items.
- Use simple and effective words to tell what happened in the event and when.
Narrative essays are an exciting writing method to express individual experiences. However, narrative stories are not ‘short stories’ and do not write in the same ways. It is used to build emotional relationships that must be relevant and true. So, the best stories will leave the user to think about their stories.
Form and pasting a story, as mentioned above, will help you create a high-quality narrative essay. Re-call an important event or a special moment from your past life and write it today.
Components of a Narrative Essay:-
These are the following elements that help to assemble a narrative essay.
The plot of your narrative essay in the event where you can share the moments in your essay. If you are sharing a personal story, the thread of events will be considered as a plot of your narrative essay.
The setting is where the event occurred. It could be your home, your school, or any other place where you were at the time of the event.
This is about the people who were involved in the event. You have to mention each of the people involved in the event, whether it is the main character or a side character. Every exact explanation counts if you want to collect a good narrative essay.
The subject of the essay is the most important element of a narrative essay. It explains the purpose of the story and why the author chose that particular subject for the writings.
Narrative Essay Format
Here are a few tips related to a narrative essay.
- While writing the format of a story, the essay includes all the key elements of a good story – it contains introductions, plots, relevant character profiles, settings, climax essays, and conclusions.
- The essay must have an applicable point. The visitor should figure out the relationship between the tale and the subject.
- You have to write clear and straightforward. The use of the descriptor ‘I’ as it aids to attract the reader better.
- While you are writing the essay, Use clear language. Call expressive words or phrases that spark the emotional reaction to the reader.
- Use a systemized format. The essay writing should have an appropriate introduction, that is not only subsequent, but also the middle, and an end that remains the reader dreaming about their stories.
Features of a good narrative essay
- The story includes readers:- for an interesting story, narrative events should include readers in events. Regenerate the original story that can fit into your readers’ story too.
- Relates events in series:- Create your story events to occur in real locations and in specific scenes that can set in real-time.
- Include a detailed overview of people:- You should give vivid details in a re-created manner. Give real dialogues, people’s names, voices, and places.
- The thesis conveys the statement:- All events in your story should give account to the main idea of the story. The thesis must be understood to the readers.
Things To Remember While Writing A Narrative Essay: –
Some Points to be Remember While Writing a Narrative Essay:
- Keep your essay brief. Do not overdo unnecessary things, people, and plots.
- Always outline events before you start writing.
- Do not describe every character in detail. For non-important characters, a brief description is more than enough.
- Add lively details. You can add some features to spice up the story. But try to be as true as possible.
- Always be consistent. Narrative essays are always written in the past. Do not write something that belongs to the future.
- These are usually written by describing the first person, namely, using “I” statements.
- Take care of your grammar. Do not make any grammatical mistakes.
- Always highlight the important moments of your story. This enables readers to remember those points.
- Get help if you are not able to do it well.
Conclusion on how to write a narrative essay:-
As we have mentioned, all the rules and regulations of the topic on how to write a narrative essay. Follow the above tips and write a good essay. If you are struggling with a narrative essay, then you contact us for help. Our essay writing service helps you in getting high grades. We have various expert writers who take your burden and complete your essay. If this seems like something you could profit from, contact us for Narrative essay help. Our team of writers always prepared to take on your essay writings.