In academic writing, persuasive essay utilizes reason to prove specific ideas. The goal of a persuasive essay is to help readers to accept the writer’s viewpoints. A persuasive essay must include actual evidence to strengthen the argument. Do you need guidance on how to write a persuasive essay? We will give all the necessary information on persuasive essay writing.
You have come to the right place to get step by step guide on how to write a persuasive essay. We have also accommodated some tips here. Some of our persuasive essay writing techniques are well recognized by the writers.
Table of Contents
What is a persuasive essay?
A persuasive essay is a type of essay where you try to make the reader agree with your point of view. You are trying to present ideas, arguments, and research, in order to change the reader one side or the other.
How to organize your persuasive essay:
Introduction: “The first impression is the last impression”. In a persuasive essay writing an interesting introduction is the first impression in the reader’s mind.
If the reader is impressed by the introduction then this impression will last till the end of the essay.
To write an impressive introduction you need to start a full-proof introduction to ask the question in order to catch the attention of the reader and one more best idea is to add the question with contraction with hurting the sense of the introduction.
If you can write a fact in the introduction also the fact supports the statement made in the intro part then you can get a lot of attention from readers.
The body: The body of a persuasive essay should consist of all the arguments which are going to support your thesis. Each section of your essay body should explain one particular point. Next, include one or two paragraphs to explain and answer the most competitive argument.
Conclusion: The conclusion should summerise the supporting points and essential arguments. After all, the focus of a persuasive essay is to change your readers to your point of view.
Step by Step Tutorial for How to write a persuasive essay
In order to know how to write a persuasive essay? students should follow these steps below.
1. Read the topic’s past, present & future scope:
If you are writing a persuasive essay you need to understand the topic first. Once you have the outlook of the topic in your mind then studying all the contradictions related to the topic.
2. Take a Side:
To convince through essay choice of the words should be taken into consideration. Take a clear stance for the statement you want to be convinced via the essay you can not agree with both two statements.
3. Know your audience:
Decide if your audience will agree with your point and why they may not. It would be best if you understood both sides of the subject in order to support your point of view successfully.
4. Understand your topic & the stance you took:
It will help you understand the audience’s mind if they agree with your point of view or not. If they don’t agree they explain why not
5. Provide Evidence:
In order to convince the reader about your point of view, you should prove and provide facts with evidence for your point of view.
6. Give a background to your argument.
If possible provide authentication to your argument and real observation, personal experience connect directly to the reader’s mind cause they are also in the same world and experiencing the same situations.
7. Organizing the format and structure of your persuasive essay
The essay should be organized that makes your essay more clear to the audience.
Organize all the evidence for your argument in a logical way and if they are pointing to your argument then you will win the argument right there but don’ts rush and overthink.
Some technique for writing a persuasive essay
- Give the reference of authorized and trusted agencies only as evidence.
- Write true facts statics and information that can convince your statement.
- Getting your readers to feel emotional can help your argument.
- If you gain trust and they believe in you then only you can persuade them.
- If the writer can inform the reader with evidence then convincing is easy.
- Social proof also shows some trust to the people so never ignore them.
- Putting a lot of information is not a good idea to give the reader all the information.
Some tips and tricks on how to write a persuasive essay to make it more attractive
- State your position clearly and justify your stance with a proper argument.
- Never write something conceptually wrong or off-topic statement yes you can write some background support to your argument.
- Do follow guidelines if not clear talk to your instructor.
- Add sayings and quotes which support your argument.
- Write some trusted evidence after stating a statement in the essay.
- Don’t make a statement like “I think” or “I believe” these will only weaken the strength of your statement.
- Do add the source attribute and avoid plagiarism.
- The conclusion should not be slack in any way you should write a strong conclusion to persuade the reader.
Persuasive essay for academic writing needs a lot of research. How to write a persuasive essay can arise in the minds of any person. Just follow the steps i mention above which will help you in writing a great persuasive essay. The goal of a persuasive essay is to help readers to accept a particular viewpoint.
If you still facing problems in writing your essay you can take help from our essay writers who are always available for your help